Displayport cable advance:
- Based on a small packet of agreement
- DisplayPort standard allows easy expansio
- Allow attachment in a separate entity with multiple video streams (in a future version)
- Designed to support the connection between the internal chip
- Display options allow direct operation, can remove the display control circuit to produce cheaper and more frivolous displays.
- Goal is to link in a unified interface to replace a laptop panel inside an LVDS connection.
- Allow backwards compatible with single DVI/HDMI;Dual DVI/HDMI with analog VGA connectors need to switch connector.
- Support RGB and YCbCr color space (ITU – R BT. 601 with BT. 709 format)
- Auxiliary channel to be able to use data in the touch panel, USB link, cameras, microphones and other equipment.
- Fewer channels with a built-in pulse reduce the RFI radio frequency interference
Technical specifications of DisplayPort cable：
- The bandwidth of the 10.8 Gbit/s, can support high resolution of 2560 x 1600 display.
- 8 bit / 10 bit data transmission
- Open and extensible standards can accelerate the popularization.
- Support 6, 8, 10, 12 and 16 bit color depth.
- Full bandwidth to ensure length is 3 meters of the cable.
- 1080 p effective transmission bandwidth guarantee length is 5 meters.
- Support 128 – bit AES DisplayPort content protection (DPCP), version 1.1 40 – a bit more support HDCP.